Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Supemodel Status

Greetings Everyone.  I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I'd give you all an update.  First I have to post this pic of my sister and her friend after working out.  I think this pic is so hilarious b/c it's exactly how I look after a workout A HOT MESS! lol that probably means I'm doing something right, after all you all know the quote "IF YOU STILL LOOK PRETTY AFTERWARD, YOU DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT!" That is for sure one of my favorite quotes, so here's the pic:




As of last week I'm down 15lbs and feeling great.  I have to say that I still have a long way to go but I'm feeling great.  I just stop and look in the mirror randomly and although there is still much improvement to be made I'm so proud of myself.  I've also come to the conclusion that exercising really improves self esteem and self confidence.  I don't have low self esteem by any means, but I do notice that I really feel like a supermodel.  I just fee great and this is the best thing because I'm truly happy that exercising has become apart of a permanent lifestyle change for me.

I've been slowly getting better and better with my nutrition choices as well.  Some days are better than others but all in all I'm doing really good.  I have this really cool app on my android called FOODUCATE.  It's been really helpful on me making food selections, because remember this is about more than weight loss, its about getting and staying healthy as well.  The app is really cool.  You just scan the bar code of a food item and it will give it a letter grade (A-F) and explain why or why it is not healthy.  It also lists alternatives so that you can make a better choice.  I'm still working out 6 days a week.  There was a week where I worked out 5 days but those 5 days were really tough workouts so I was okay with having two days off. 

Well, that's it for now feel free to comment!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! 15 lbs gone is AWESOME!!

    The food thing is a constant battle for me as well, but like you said one day at a time. Some days will be great, some good, some okay and some just BAD but it is part of making it a lifestyle. I really enjoy following your WLJ. Keep up the good work! (:

    ReplyDelete