Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hard?

So today I want to talk about what is considered a "hard" workout.  I think there are some programs that are just plain hard even for the most fit person.  But what I think is hard is anything that gets your heart rate up and challenges your body.  I like turbo fire because it is intense but I don't feel like I want to die during the workout.  I feel good and I actually smile during the workout.  This workout is also good because it gets my heart rate up and no matter how many times I do a specific workout with Turbo Fire it is designed where I can always push myself to the next level within that exercise. 

One of my good friends came to workout with me one day during Turbo Fire and she mentioned that it had too much coordination things.  I can definitely agree with this because the very first Turbo Fire workout I did I couldn't keep up and frankly I didn't know what was going on, nor could I get the steps down.  And if you know me, you know I have no coordination skills whatsoever.  This brings me to my next point consistency is key with any type of workout.  I kept pushing play with Turbo Fire and now I understand the coordination for this workout and I'm also able to keep up a little better.  I still get off some days but that's okay but as long as I keep moving I'm burning tons of calories and tapping into the fat burn of the cardio workout.

April ends 4 months of consistent work outs and eating well and I'm down 20lbs.  I didn't understand when people would say just stick with it but I do now.  CONSISTENCY is key.  So whatever your goals are whether it be a goal weight, a certain size in jeans, or just to fit into old clothes, just remember if you just keep doing it you will see results.  My favorite thing to say now is "I may not look like a supermodel, but I sure do feel like one"  Feel free to comment!

1 comment: